SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Cleaning or replacement upholstery covers

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  sailingdog 
#1 ·
We have a Jeanneau with cream Vinyl upholstery. As a charter boat it gets heavy use and is grubby.

I have tried baby wipes and swafega but while it gets it a bit cleaner its still grubby.

Can anyone suggest a) a better method of cleaning or cleaning product?
b) If we had the seats and backing recovered is there anything more durable than the Jeanneau supplied cream vinyl.

While not practical the cream vinyl does look nice and I believe contributes to the boat popularity with charters so I would like to keep a "light" coloured interior.

Be grateful for any suggestions.

#2 ·
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser

The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser's have worked wonders for us on vinyl and with NO chemicals just add water... These things are truly amazing land like Rain-X they really do work...

P.S. Buy the Wal*Mart version they are made in the same factory in Germany but cost 2.48 for four vs. 3.98 for four...

#3 ·
I'd second the Magic Eraser sponge idea. Also, coating the vinyl with protectant solution of some sort might help prevent it from staining so badly to begin with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.