SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Rib Skid

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  sailingdog 
#1 ·
I have seen many inflatable dinks/ RIBs with an added heavy duty skid bonded to the hull... it was about 6 inch wide and probably 2 inches thick at the center and tapered to the edges.

It helps protect the Rib's bottom when you drag it up on a beach from rocky bottoms or stuff just under the sand.

I have not been able to find anything like that on line or in catalogs... not even sure what the actual name for it is. Anyone know??

I have considered just strapping my ex wife to the bottom of the dink but I'm not sure she would do it after the first deployment, so I need alternatives.

#3 ·
It does sound like KeelGuard, which comes in various lengths but is 5" wide. Uses a 3M adhesive to hold it to the boat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.