replacing foam in berth cushions - Page 2 - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 Old 09-11-2007
Once known as Hartley18

Dock
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post
ps - When does the Hartley season start in Vic ? Port Phillip must give a bit of exciting sailing in a TS. In Sydney they race just off where we moor. Good to watch, particularly in a blow. Must be due to start racing again soon.
Next month.. can't wait. We've got the Open Day for the 18's & 21's here in Melbourne on 30th September at Docklands. Port Phillip is pretty good (waterside cafe's), although the chop can be nasty when the wind gets up. The Gippsland Lakes is fantastic, but my dream is to spend a week off up the Hawkesbury.

You should wander along where they're rigging up one day and ask for a ride. The NSW web site is: http://home.iprimus.com.au/youngenr/ts16/

Even though the design is 30-years old, Hartleys are really fun to sail and extremely solid (one club member rolled his car whilst towing a '21 on a back road, winding up upside-down, trailer on top, with no more damage than a broken companionway hatch) and roomy for their size - I reckon there is more usable space in our 18 than in an RL24.

As the logo says: "Classic not Plastic".

--Cameron
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 Old 09-11-2007
Helms ALee!

starting with post #8 if you replace the word 'foam' with 'woman' you'll be really amused..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 15 Old 09-11-2007
tdw
Super Fuzzy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartley18 View Post
Next month.. can't wait. We've got the Open Day for the 18's & 21's here in Melbourne on 30th September at Docklands. Port Phillip is pretty good (waterside cafe's), although the chop can be nasty when the wind gets up. The Gippsland Lakes is fantastic, but my dream is to spend a week off up the Hawkesbury.

You should wander along where they're rigging up one day and ask for a ride. The NSW web site is: http://home.iprimus.com.au/youngenr/ts16/

Even though the design is 30-years old, Hartleys are really fun to sail and extremely solid (one club member rolled his car whilst towing a '21 on a back road, winding up upside-down, trailer on top, with no more damage than a broken companionway hatch) and roomy for their size - I reckon there is more usable space in our 18 than in an RL24.

As the logo says: "Classic not Plastic".

--Cameron
Looks like I have hijacked another thread. Bad Wombat.

I'd reckon the TS would be great for a semi camping tour of the Hawkesbury. No problem getting a TS under the bridges and , particularly in the cooler months when the skiers are off for the winter, the Hawkesbury is simply lovely and you've also got Cowan Creek and Smith's Creek with lots of lovely little bays to anchor in overnight. Our old boat could just get under the Harwkesbury Bridges and I miss not being able to head upriver.

Andrew B

“Life is a trick, and you get one chance to learn it.”
― Terry Pratchett, Nation

Malo 39 Classic
post #14 of 15 Old 09-11-2007
Roadkillibus Texanis

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenuki View Post
starting with post #8 if you replace the word 'foam' with 'woman' you'll be really amused..

The Brittany thread was already crackin' me up but after re-reading number 8 again with the suggested alternate wording I think I just spotted.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bob T

"I cannot not sail" - E. B. White
post #15 of 15 Old 09-13-2007 Thread Starter

Thumbs up thx

Thanks to all who posted on-topic info.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.