SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Autohelm 6000 autopilot

13K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  sailingdog 
#1 ·
My faithful old Autohelm 6000 autopilot has developed a sick course computer. Autohelm, (now Raymarine)no longer has parts, so am searching the web for anyone wanting to sell such a unit.

#3 ·
Neither - I believe rskipper was referring to one of the old AH 6000 systems which predate the ST series (circa 1992 vintage). It is a rectangular black metal heatsink/box with all the connections except power and drive being terminated through a 25 pin connector on the right hand end.

Until earlier this year I had such a unit myself, but gave it away after installing a complete system upgrade.

sorry
Graham

#4 ·
Hi skipper;

Sorry to hear about your Autohelm course computer & hope you have found a resolution by now. I have the same system which is still performing well so I am not anxious to part with it. However, if you find yours is beyond hope and plan to give it up I would be interested in purchasing one of the control heads ZO25 or 26.
Thanx

#5 ·
please don't revive dead threads. It is considered poor net etiquette... it would be better to PM the person, or to check their profile to see if they're still active.

Reactions: SailNet Archive
#6 ·
you might want to check creds... seeing as Hiram only has 19 posts to his credit...most of which are attacks against people giving him advice or myself. I believe he's a person who was banned from Sailnet for being generally obnoxious and dishonest... coming back under another handle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.