SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Gear & Maintenance (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/gear-maintenance/)
-   -   Website (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/gear-maintenance/37345-website.html)

wvnutt 10-03-2007 06:15 PM

Website

I am creating a website that will allow users to view some of the best high quality images of specific subjects of their interests, including sailing. If you happen to have any high quality sailing photographs, I would love to feature them on the site. Email them to me at wvnutt@gmail.com, and feel free to include a caption.

sailingdog 10-03-2007 06:24 PM

Please don't post multiple threads with the same message.

Also, as a photographer myself, I would have to ask what kind of protection from unauthorized use are you using to protect the images, and what kind of rights are we giving up by submitting the photos to you. There are already plenty of existing stock photography sites that can do this—so what makes your site worth submitting photos to? How will you be using them???

RickLaPaz 10-03-2007 06:38 PM

Good one , SD---Like I said last week, a cynic is never dissapointed........:cool:

sailingdog 10-03-2007 06:45 PM

Well, posting the message to two different threads makes me suspect his motives... fortunately, he's under the 10-post count and can't post a link at this point in time. :D

IMHO, generally, people who post the same message to start multiple threads are SPAMMERS....

xort 10-03-2007 06:51 PM

I am also skeptical of this. Send high resolution images to an unknown e-mail address??? Sorry, I don't give away my stuff.

If you happen to have any high quality sailboats, I would love to feature them in my marina. Send them to me at wvnutt@gmail.com, and feel free to include a bottle of rum.

sailingdog 10-03-2007 06:56 PM

LOL... Xort... I've got a great sailboat for ya... It's a Seawolf that needs just a little work.

Cruisingdad 10-03-2007 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wvnutt (Post 201618)
I am creating a website that will allow users to view some of the best high quality images of specific subjects of their interests, including sailing. If you happen to have any high quality sailing photographs, I would love to feature them on the site. Email them to me at wvnutt@gmail.com, and feel free to include a caption.

I cannot tell if this is or is not a solicitation for business. If it is, please take out an ad with sailnet as it violates our terms of service. If this is strictly for non-profit and fun, that is fine.

I do not think you are a spammer as you have participated in other threads in the past.

- CD

TrueBlue 10-03-2007 07:18 PM

wvnutt's (West Virginia Nutt?) profile and post history shows him as a 20 YO owner of a 1983 Catalina 22. I believe he's a sincere young sailor, just trying to network with other sailors.

Cut the guy some slack.

RickLaPaz 10-03-2007 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueBlue (Post 201652)

Cut the guy some slack.

Slack is earned, not just given away in a wonton manner........:cool:

TrueBlue 10-03-2007 07:39 PM

Guilty until proven innocent . . . huh Rick?