SailNet Community

SailNet Community (
-   Gear & Maintenance (
-   -   Cleat?? (

sailboter97 04-01-2002 06:35 PM

I have a small sailboat and bought four cleats for a very good price. Problem is is that I don''t know how to use them. They are not the typical cleat that you would use a figure 8 knot on. I don''t know a good way to describe them except they look sort of like this:
__ __

If you can offer any help, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, Bryan

sailboter97 04-02-2002 10:46 AM

My picture is kind of messed up. I did a little research and found they are not called cleats but are called chocks. So if any one can tell me how to use chocks I would appreciate it. Thanks!

joshuaheard 04-05-2002 09:43 AM

Chocks are not the same as cleats. You do not tie off a line to a chock. The chocks are guides for the dock lines to go through to the cleat to prevent chafing.

Peter_pan 04-07-2002 06:55 PM

These are actually recessed into the rail. unless you have a simular rail on your boat there going to be usless to you.

newuser 04-08-2002 05:25 AM

I used them with a teardrop cleat and they work fine. Thanks for your help.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
(c) LLC 2000-2012

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome