So a boat we're looking at - A Hallberg-Rassy - has so many electrical systems I'm getting confused. Here's the equipment list:
- Fischer Panda 6kw generator (yes, a Panda
- 220V Shore Power
- Xantrex Inverter 1kw 24VDC to 115VAC
- Mastervolt battery charger 12v/30A
- Mastervolt combi 24V 100Amp charger 24VDC/220 AC Inverter
- Mastervolt converters (2) 24-24VDC (1) spare (was this a typo? Maybe supposed to convert 24-12?)
- Mastervolt Monitor Power
- The boat has several different outlets - 220V, 115V, 24V and 12V scattered throughout. Wherever a 12v plug exists a 24v plug also exists.
So... I'm assuming that since this is a European boat, that would be the reason for all the different types of voltages? I've seen 24v windlasses, but not too much other 24v stuff. On this boat, they seem to be treating 24v the same way we treat 12v. There's a 24v microwave, etc.
Can anyone help me make some sense out of all of these systems?