SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Gear & Maintenance (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/gear-maintenance/)
-   -   Hi Seas Heating Corporation / Diesel Heater (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/gear-maintenance/37512-hi-seas-heating-corporation-diesel-heater.html)

MichaelGrant 10-08-2007 11:34 PM

Hi Seas Heating Corporation / Diesel Heater

My mistake....once home and following work I took another look at the labe of the diesel heater. Label logo reads, HI SEAS HEATING CORPORATION, and not what I originally stated...

Having said that, if anyone is familar with this item please sound off. I need a manuel or other input as to the heater and operation. I cannot seem to come up with anything off the WEB.

Thanks everyone.

whiteshell 06-12-2008 12:32 PM

Hi-Seas Diesel Heater

I'm looking for information or a maintenance manuel on the control valve assembly. I've had the valve apart and it looks like the 3 metering ports have some sort of filtration media in them. I'm hesitant to poke them out until I know more. Can anyone help?

Sailormcman 01-16-2009 12:28 PM

Need manual for Hi Seas Heater too!

Anyone have luck finding a manual for Hi Seas Diesel Heater? I have an old one on my boat that worked fine but now it just burns on high. Seems to be something in the control valve shot. I know it was built by the Marine Heat Corp in Seattle but they are gone now. Any ideas? I wondered if any other brand control valve could be fitted??
Too bad..the thing was awesome when it functioned right!
Ricki Lee

r.furborough 01-20-2009 07:31 PM

The Hi-Seas corporation was based out of Washington State, somewhere around Seattle I believe. I spent time searching for them for repair parts for the diesel heater fitted in my Freedom 32. As I was unable to find any information through several hours of web searching I concluded that the company was long gone.

I will probably replace mine with a Dickinson....

Biscay36 08-23-2009 12:43 PM

Hi-Seas Diesel heater - Model 100-C-8

Hi folks,

I have just been searching the web for details on the Hi-Seas Heater and came across your threads within Sailnet. As a result I have registered.

I have a Hi-Seas diesel heater on my Biscay 36 ketch, which was previously owned by American owners who live in Seattle, Washington.

Believe it or not, I have owned the Biscay for 6 years and I have yet to try the heater out!

Anyway, I have a paper copy of the manual that came with the heater when it was new. I plan to scan this document and can make available soft copies. I am sure that it would be possible to post this somewhere on the Sailnet site??

I am led to believe that the "Marine Heat Corporation" cease to exist.
Their original address was:

Marine Heat Corporation
4400 23rd Avenue West
Seattle, WA 98199

All the best for now.

Charlie.

daneasysailing 12-14-2009 11:51 AM

Hi Seas Marine Heater

Biscay 36, I'm interested in an e-copy of that manual when you get it scanned. have the same heater. Old boats fitted with equipment manufactured by companies long gone can be a real frustration. Sure glad some folks keep their documentation.

Thanks,
Dan

Biscay36 12-14-2009 12:31 PM

Hi Dan,

I have a PDF copy of the Hi-Seas manual plus a few diagrams that came with the yacht.

I am not a frequent user of the sailnet forum, so perhaps you could advise on the easiest means of forwarding on this document to you.

I can send by email, but that assumes that you wish to share your emial address.

Just let me know.

Thanks.

Charlie.

daneasysailing 12-14-2009 12:46 PM

Hi Seas Marine Heater

Thanks Charlie,

Don't mind at all. I will post email in next message.

Thanks

Dan

daneasysailing 12-14-2009 12:48 PM

Hi Seas Marine Heater

Charlie,

Not sure why they count posts to post an email, I'm sure there is some security reason though. Anyway, here is my email address, danmccut AT hotmail DOT com . Sure appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Dan

Biscay36 12-15-2009 06:27 AM

Hi-Seas Diesel heater manual sent!

Hi Dan,

I have sent you the manual as promised.

If this could be uploaded and filed somewhere within the Sailnet forum, this make help other's in the future.

Thanks and regards,

Charlie.