SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

isotherm water heater in Beneteau 440?

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  RealityCheck 
#1 ·
Beneteau Oceanis 440-Moorings 445: My Raritan 6 gal water heater is heading for the barn... rusty water, water seaping out at the bottom. I am looking at replacing with an Isotherm basic 6 gal unit. It looks like it will be a very tight squeeze and I am not convinced it will fit. Has anybody done such a replacement with success?

#2 ·
I tried an Isotherm in my Omega (replacing and old volvo heater) - same scenario. I had to switch to the slim/square model in order to fit the space where the old heater was...the standard model was just too big.

#4 ·
Bummer! We were contemplating moving the heater to another location on the boat (limited options) and running longer hoses ( = heat loss) but we were able to squeeze the slim square in. I had to make up a cardboard mock-up to verify that it would fit and that I could get it into the space allocated, otherwise we were going to have to improvise elsewhere. Our problem was that the volvo unit was only about 2 foot by 9 inches (cylindrical) and we couldn't find a replacement unit built like that. Good luck with your project. Once you find a home for it, installation is pretty straight forward.

#6 ·
Mmmm that almost sounds obscene???:p

I'll be in your back yard, probably Red Hook in Mid December... where do you get most of your boating needs/ supplies when on St. Thomas? I know of several small places problem is I have to go to most of them just to get near the full list and without a car it is a pain.:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.