Walker Knotmaster log? anyone seen one for sale recently? - Page 3 - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 
Old 11-07-2007
Not So Senior Member

Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about
After taking a very close look at the Lionel, I knew that I had seen it before. I rewatched the Pardeys storm tactics video, and there she is, the Pardeys are trailing a Lionel from their boat while rounding Cape Horn. Just some log trivia....
Old 11-08-2007

Tartan34C will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekka View Post
I have begun posting pictures of various log sets, including some sales info from eBay. (I edited the eBay copies to remove any personal info such as seller or buyer.) http://www.flickr.com/photos/1143502...7602992341260/
Nice. Do you have more.
All the best,
Bob

Donít waste time making the same old mistakes but instead make new ones and to insure your place in history be sure the mistakes are big ones.

Never design a mast that is weaker then the boat
Never design a boat that is weaker then the mast

Never listen to someone describe why your project will not work unless they can show you the broken pieces of their own version.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 11-09-2007
Seasoned Salt

Trekka is on a distinguished road
Glad you like them. If you wish you may add comments.

Just posted some pix of the Excelsior IV logs.

Cherub set will be next.

All at same address:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1143502...7602992341260/
Old 11-10-2007
Seasoned Salt

Trekka is on a distinguished road
Collection of Logs for viewing

I have now finished uploading pictures of logs I saw for sale on eBay over the last few years. Tonights upload batch includes the Walker "Cherub III" the "Trident" and some examples of the "Knotmaster" logs. Previous uploads included Lionel, GE, John Bliss, and Walker Excelsior logs.

All may be found at:
Old 02-09-2008

Gmcghype is on a distinguished road
Knotmaster Log

I have a Knotmaster Log, complete in the box. Even the oil is in the box. Label reads as follows: Walker's "Knotmaster" Log Made in England by Thos. Walker & Son Ltd., 58, Oxford Street, Birmingham, B5 5NX
Old 02-09-2008
Not So Senior Member

Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about
Welcome Gmcghype, here are some pics of my complete Walker, and an extra main unit. http://www.sailnet.com/photogallery/...ry.php/cat/581

The "B5 5NX" is the serial number I believe. Mine has the number ingraved on the main unit and on the label on the box. I don't have mine in front of me right now, but I'll post its number when I get home to the boat in the morning.

Last edited by Sapperwhite; 02-09-2008 at 05:28 PM.
Old 02-14-2008

hammer is on a distinguished road
Talking Cherub Mk.II

Thanks Sapperwhite for directing me here.

I don't own a boat but I used to work on a very old vessel built in Newport News. I was a Deck Cadet for 2 years.

I have a very old Thomas Walker Cherub log, Mark II that is. But on the face, it's got Dutch wordings of 'milj' (think it's 'mile' in English). Maybe modified, or copied version of the original - I don't know. I was wondering whether any of you guys has any info on this?? I can post up some photos of it soon. Someone on the ship wanted to throw it away, but I took it when I was discharged after finishing my contract.

I also have an old ships clock dated 1942 and has 'U.S Maritime Commission' written on it. Someone wanted to throw it away too. Believe me, it's a very old ship, it has still the original 1914 compass binnacle on it! Interesting ship! But yeah,..about the log. Let me know if anything comes up. I just want to trace its history and the market price for it if I do sell it. Thanks guys!

By the way, I only have the log, no line and 'spinner'.
Old 02-14-2008

teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer28 View Post
I sold a Walker Knotmaster Giant for about $1000.00 a long time ago when I wasn't sailing. Now that I'm back in the hobby of collecting strange and useful nautical items, I could kick myself in the junk for selling it.

Now I'm looking for another one. Anyone know of a good place besides egay to find one? I hate that website.

thanks,
Lancer,
There actually is what appears to be a nice Knotmaster listed on Ebay now. No reserve and starting at $100 with no bids at the moment. I don't know anything about them but was thinking of tossing in a bid if noone else does.
Old 02-14-2008

teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekka View Post
I have now finished uploading pictures of logs I saw for sale on eBay over the last few years. Tonights upload batch includes the Walker "Cherub III" the "Trident" and some examples of the "Knotmaster" logs. Previous uploads included Lionel, GE, John Bliss, and Walker Excelsior logs.

All may be found at:
Trek,
I was thinking of putting a Trident instrument head on my boat purely as decoration. There's one on ebay listed at $300. I don't have a clue if they are easy to find and if that's a fair price. Any thoughts you can share with me? Again, I'm not looking for a functional unit.
Old 02-17-2008
Not So Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer View Post
.....I have a very old Thomas Walker Cherub log, Mark II that is. But on the face, it's got Dutch wordings of 'milj' (think it's 'mile' in English).....
Mijl is Dutch for mile.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.