Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Narragansett Bay
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 13
Many will recall all the health-related illness's from the kerosene space heater craze back in the '80s. The highest risks were asphyxiation from oxygen depletion and CO poisoning, both due to improper venting. For home use, these appliances were and I believe still are, banned from use in sleeping areas . . . for good reason.
I would also assume boat use would pose even greater hazards due to the smaller cubic volume. If you're unfamiliar with kerosene, it's use and how or if your stove is vented, research the installation before using it.
IIRC, you should only use grade 1-K kerosene, nothing else.
True Blue . . .
sold the Nauticat