Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2007

Mary51 is on a distinguished road
LED worklight, can't find it . . .

Pegasus:

I'd like to find this worklight, but can't seem to work my way through the Bulbtronics website to find it. Can you offer any other clues?

I think I've tried the order code in all product catories.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Mary
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-17-2007
Arf!

pegasus1457 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary51 View Post
Pegasus:

I'd like to find this worklight, but can't seem to work my way through the Bulbtronics website to find it. Can you offer any other clues?

I think I've tried the order code in all product catories.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Mary
Mary,

Their web site needs a professional rework! [I only found the work light by talking to a technical rep on the phone, discussing another subject.]

At the top of the main page is a search window. Select "bulbs/lamps" in the left panel of the search window, then enter the part number (0050154) in the right panel.

That should get you there.

Last edited by pegasus1457; 12-17-2007 at 04:27 PM.
Old 12-17-2007

Mary51 is on a distinguished road
LED worklight, got it!

Thanks, Pegasus. Santa will be taking care of this for me.

How's Port Jeff? And the LIRR? Used to ride into and out of the city from Greenlawn, or Huntington Station when the train didn't stop in Greenlawn.

Mary
Old 12-17-2007
Arf!

pegasus1457 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary51 View Post
Thanks, Pegasus. Santa will be taking care of this for me.

How's Port Jeff? And the LIRR? Used to ride into and out of the city from Greenlawn, or Huntington Station when the train didn't stop in Greenlawn.

Mary
I spent 2 weeks commuting to/from Huntington this summer working on the "new" boat I had just purchased, trying to get her into shape for a launch -- in the middle of the summer heat wave... But that is no longer a problem
Old 12-30-2007
Spam, Food of the Seagods

Gryzio is on a distinguished road
Talking This looks to be a great thread in time, thanks CD

I may be off topic a little.

First; this about the Radar was excellent for myself. As I been eyeballing a C-Series.

I did want to comment on this quote;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad View Post
The negative is that if you lose a HSB anywhere, you will basically lose everything. I had a cable come lose on my depth, and my CP's and radar both went into error mode. Luckily, it did not matter at the time and I tracked down the source. But in a storm offshore or making a narrow entrance at night I would have a heart attack. Also, they really should put in some type of a clip to hold the USB connections in place. Since they are held there by "pressure" alone, they are doomed to work out over time (in my opinion). Basically, can you spell maintenance?? Like I need something else to keep an eye on with my boat. - CD
Sometimes I use a little hot-melt (Glue gun stuff we find in Hobby Stores) to stick troublesome cables so they stay in place. It usually easy to un-stick with an untrimmed fingernail or whatever. I not say it will work for everyone, but, it has seemed to do well for myself.
Old 02-20-2008
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Fujinon FMTRC-SX Binoculars

By far, the best binocs I have ever used. They run around $700ish I think, which is not bad considering the quality. Outstanding eye relief and clarity. I compared them to the high-end steiners, and still feel they are a better product. Worth the money, and great for sky watching. My only small complaint is that the eye relief is so great, it is hard to make out the compass. But the field of vision more than makes up for it. For a great and relatively cheap set that has the compass (~$300), I suggest the lower end Fuji's or Steiners.

- CD

For those considering cruising, I will say that we used our bisnocs ALL THE TIME, especially at night. We would sit on the deck and watch the moon, stars, etc. These are a great pair for that... but don't lose them!!! We keep a cheaper pair at the cockpit (the lower end fujis) for most of our cockpit stuff while under way. Apparently the cheaper ones float... but I have not been able to bring myself to try it!!

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 02-27-2008

johnshasteen is on a distinguished road
I see folks refering to prices at West Marine - I shop there too as I am a BoatUS member, but the best prices I have seen are right here in the SailNet store. I just bought a Garmin Map 76CSX for about $50 less than the best price I saw anywhere, including West Marine.
Always check here first!!!
s/v Paloma, Bristol 29.9, #141
Slipped in Bahia Marina, easy access to Corpus Christi Bay and the Gulf of Mexico.
Old 03-03-2008

dman is on a distinguished road
fein orbital

I just went up to the 8 inch Fein orbital from the six inch...size does matter.Works amazing and worth every penny.BTW there are different pads,if you are doing hull work go for the extra soft one/comes with a flat hard one.

Last edited by dman; 03-18-2008 at 08:55 AM. Reason: memory loss
Old 03-04-2008

soul searcher is on a distinguished road
Jack lines are very important for offshore work, That is why I have to tell you all that the flat west marine jack lines are probably not your best choice.
They are flat and your tether will slide nicely over them but they are too smooth and when wet are dangerous to step on. even with the best deck shoes they are kin to slipping on ice or oil.
so I have to give them two thumbs down.
I nearly busted my @## a couple of times because of them. safety gear shouldn't be dangerous

All boats are sinking it's just a matter of how fast.
Old 03-04-2008
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
I will add that I use the Wichard FLAT jacklines and have been very happy with them. They are NOT at all slippery when wet and are made of NYLON rather than Polyester like the West Marine ones. They come with a nice heavy duty snap shackle at one end and plain to tie on a cleat at the other end.