Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 
Old 12-28-2007
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Beautiful Bob!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-28-2007

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Link..

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelboat View Post
Hello all: new to this forum but have been lurking for a while, and couldn't resist posting about this awlgrip color. I had liked it for a while, but was concerned about it being a little dark, and therefore hot, so when I (finally ) painted the boat I had spent half my life building, I added 2 quarts of arctic white for every gallon of stars and stripes blue, and came up with a color which is quite unique, and which varies a lot depending on the light and the color of the water around it. People seem to like it; and the boat remains quite cool, even in 90 plus degree July weather. I don't find it too hard to keep clean. Won't let me post a link because I don't have enough posts, but pictures can be seen on the web site, sv-restless.com. Hope this helps, Bob

Guys here's a link to Bob's boat it looks great!!

http://www.sv-restless.com/launch_day.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Old 12-28-2007

steelboat is on a distinguished road
thanks

Thanks, camaraderie, for the comments, and thanks, halekai36 (or maine sail) for posting the link. I appreciate it. Bob
Old 12-28-2007
Wish I never found SN!

SimonV will become famous soon enough
Even with the tonning down its hard to distinguish the two colours both very nice boats, it is a classie colour.

I love my boat
S/V GOODONYA
Brisbane
present location Heading to the Whitesundays

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DELIVERY SKIPPER
Drinking Rum before 10am makes you a Pirate NOT an alcohlic
Old 12-29-2007

paich is on a distinguished road
Chipping and scratching

First time posting here. I was pleased to see this discussion, as I am thinking about repainting my Bristol 40 yawl. Was last done in about 1995, I would guess. I had assumed that Awlgrip was the way to go, but another Bristol owner noted the difficulty of touching up nicks and scratches and said he would not be using awlgrip for this reason. I had another boat that was awlgripped and I tried to use a touch-up kit on some scratches and it looked awful. So my question is, is there a two-part high gloss, high abrasion resistance finish that can be touched up? I was hoping maybe this was what "awlcraft" was; but no clear indication. Indeed, no one seems to want to talk about this problem, except for a woman who posted on a Hatteras net and raised the question. Any thoughts? Thanks, Paich
Old 12-29-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Paich-

Awlcraft 2000 is probably the paint you're thinking of. It is also a two-part linear polyureathane paint. Halekai will probably respond to your question in a bit.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 12-30-2007

paich is on a distinguished road
Two-part topsides paints

Thanks sailingdog: I looked for halekai's prior posts, couldn't find them yesterday but got lucky today. By far the most informative so far, and I think I am now more inclined towards the acrylic two-parts for their easier patchability. (I don't seem to be able to avoid getting the odd scratch and nick!) I will look forward to anything further halekai wants to add. Happy New Year! Paich