SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

30' Irwin Centerboard info

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  TomandKarens34 
#1 ·
Hey Everyone,
I was hoping someone might know about the operation of a 30' Irwin Citation centerboard. I have a deck wench with a line that runs down through a pipe from the deck to the keel and that's all I can see. The Irwin website has some info that shows linkage and a stuffing box with a rod etc. which I have been unable to find. I thought maybe someone might have some advice. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
What do you

want to know?

#4 ·
No but

as my profile states a 41 CC ketch and it has a centerboard.

#5 ·
Hi GG. You didn't say what your problem is. I have a 34' Citation with a system as you discribe. As far as I know, you do not have the system discribed on the Irwin website. It is a simple pennant line that goes through the tube to the centerboard. No packing gland and rod. Which suits me fine. I prefer what we have as it's one less stuffing box to worry about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.