SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Tabbing in the new bulkhead

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Faster 
#1 ·
Had a great time cutting and grinding out the starboard bulkhead of my S2 7.3 last weekend. Can someone recommend what cloth to use for tabbing in the replacement. There was a good article in Epoxyworks magazine where the owner used 738 Biaxial Fabric, but that material is very expensive. I was considering going with 727 Episize Biaxial Tape or woven roving material. Thanks for the advice

#2 ·
I used 9 inch fiberglass tape. I believe it was 10 oz. I used the fiberglass tape because it had an edge and didn't fray. The tape was about $2.90 a yard. Mas epoxy was the resin I used. I did two layers of tabs

#5 ·
Kyntex - (or Knytex?) can't remember... comes in 6 inch "tape", lays in real nice in the corners with minimal darting required. Wets out easier with epoxy than roving/heavy cloth too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.