SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Got an old Autohelm 3000 remote?

9K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  MarkSF 
#1 ·
Anyone got a remote to an Autohelm 3000 autopilot laying around in the garage, gathering dust, that they''d like to sell?

I''m looking for the optional hand-held unit.

Thanks,

Don

#4 ·
I have a st3000 head, rim for wheel, motor and remote. As far as I know it works. I bought it for the remote but the remote has a 5pin male head whereas mine has four. Contacted Autohelm re Raytheon and they told me there was not an adapter for it. Will sell the whole thing for $75.00 plus shipping. Let me know if anyone is interested.

#6 ·
I believe the new remotes should work with any autopilot that speaks Seatalk, since the transceiver base for the remote uses Seatalk connectors. YMMV, and you may want to check with Raymarine to make sure of any firmware or compatibility issues.

#10 ·
I have the one also, and use it occasionally. I discovered that it's possible to "steer" by waving my cell phone over the box while sitting on the bench next to it

#14 ·
Re: Autohelm 3000 remote for sale

I have for sale a Autohelm wired remote. Came from an autohelm ST4000. 20' cable enclosing 3 wires. The wire ends with a 3 prong male fitting. I do not have the female receptor which leads to the control head. $25 plus shipping or best offer over $25
I'll buy the remote if you still have it for sail.
thanks
capt. niles stelly
337-205-1938

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.