Join Date: Jan 2002
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Spring commisioning help
Josh, GET HELP
make a list, go at each system systematically
1 Electrical: service and charge and install batteries, check bilge pump, fresh water pump, radios, radar,lights, etc.
2. Engine: change motor oil, filter, fuel filters, check/change fresh water, inspect raw water impeller, belts, disconnect raw water pump if on land and test run engine. check charging system
3. Fresh water system: clean, rinse tanks, add water and run pump, inspect for leaks and flush out antifreeze. etc.
4. Plumbing: check,service all sea cocks, check all hoses and worm clamps, put water in head and check operation, macerator operation, etc
5. mast and rig: Inspect standing rigging, running rigging, blocks, roller furler, sails, genie tracks, etc.
6. Propane system
7. anchor system
8. clean and service winches
9, Steering system
10, Refrigeration system
11, bottom paint
12 wax topside
Good luck, I''m going sailin now