SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Tankless hot water heaters

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  joeybkcmo 
#1 ·
Hello,

I am trying to find myself a good tankless hot water heater that uses propane.
Does anyone know of a good one that is portable and can be used on a sailboat? This would primarily be used for the odd hot shower or a warm up on a rainy day.

I've looked at the ones from Zodi but I'm not too sure about those yet for some reason.

Thanks,
Adam

#2 ·
Why do you need it to be portable??? A permanently installed propane tankless hot water heater would be safer to use on a sailboat. Generally, IMHO, having "portable" propane devices on a sailboat is a bad idea.

#3 ·
at the risk of being blacklisted - I have a small propane tankless water heater that I use for camping, have used it once or twice on the boat for a quick rinse in the cockpit. Picked it up at Wal-mart camping section, think it is about $60. But give Sailingdog credit, caution would be in order. When camping I hang it up on a tree, never have started a fire, or even smoked the bark of the tree. But then the tree does not bounce around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.