I'm looking for advice on keeping Quagga Mussels from attaching to the hull, getting into the engine cooling system, and staying out of the thruhulls.
Boats over 26 ft here in the southwest rarely get pulled out of the water. Most of us dive them to clean the bottoms. I have a heat-exchanger with aqualift mufflers. I start the engine, then turn on the engine thru-hull. Reverse order shutting down. The National Park Service have no advice for sailors staying in the water to keep QM's from attaching. ALL info online and by the NPS seems to be for boats that get pulled out at the end of the day.
Have heard about pouring bleach down the sinks; hanging chlorine tabs at the rudder, and a few other ways to lessen the onslaught. Not very environmentally friendly, but what other ways are out there?
Any other fresh water sailors with invasives that have a few 'killing' in-water practices that you can share?