SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Collinite Metal Wax 850

4K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  svsirius 
#1 ·
A while ago, some of you talked me out of some purported miracle product in favor of Collinite wax for shining up my hull. Great product! Looked good applied and polished by hand, and looks BRILLIANT after I hit it with a fine wool bonnet and my polisher/sander.

So how about Collinite Metal Wax? Now that the boat looks so good, my mast and boom are looking pretty dowdy by comparison (25 years of weather and sunlight). Has anybody used this product?

Thanks!

Kurt

#4 ·
After using the Miracle Cloth, the metal wax would make a good protective coat. :)

#6 ·
Thanks, all ...

Cam, you may well be right about the scope of the job. I'll try Miracle Cloth on the boom and see how it goes ... my Scot has a lot less mast and boom than most of y'all carry. :)

Thanks to all for the thoughts. I'll let you know what I experience.

Kurt

#7 ·
BTW, if the boom and mast are really scratched up, you might want to consider painting them to protect them, rather than waxing them. The anodization coating the normally protects aluminum spars can be damaged by scratching it, and if it is damaged badly enough, you'll want to take other steps to protect the metal.

#8 ·
I have not found the miracle cloth to be the "miracle" everyone says it is. Brasso frankly works better. I guess if you have a polished item that isn't tarnished, then miracle cloth is the way to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.