Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 
Old 03-24-2008

Jaldridge is on a distinguished road
Question Starcraft Skylark

I was wondering if anyone have Starcraft Skylark items? I am looking for the rudder/ tiller. I saved a Skylark last summer and it was missing the rudder, but i made a temporary one out of wood. I love to sail this boat! let me know about what parts you may have. Thanks Joey
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-24-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Might be able to get a replacement rudder at Idasailor. They make a lot of replacement rudders for a lot of different boats.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 07-23-2008

Gtreynolds is on a distinguished road
Skylark

I picked up Skylark (Tunnel Hull) Sailboat yesterday. Missing Boom & Sail. Rudder & Side Dagger boards are simply made from Al plate (~1/4" thick).
I am seeking info on Sail. I am rigging a Sunfish sail to boat. I have plastic Rings to attach original sail. Does anyone have a picture or info on rig set up, sail size, ect. ? Yours Truly Gtr
Old 08-19-2008

jwwittman is on a distinguished road
Skylark info

I have an original skylark with all original equipment, including the owner's manual. If I can help let me know. I was not able to send a private message to you. e-mail me if you are interested. Not sure how this works, you could probably google that to find me

Joe Wittman
Old 08-20-2008

Gtreynolds is on a distinguished road
Skylark

Hi Joe: Thanks for reply. I am interested in info about rig for this boat. Do you have any pictures?
I have taken it out several times in light wind. Rigged w/ a Sunfish sail ( a bit smaller than original equipment) It does very well. It is incredibly stable & really accelerates w/ a gust. Another nice note is if there is no wind, it paddles very well. I put one foot in the ceneter well, w/ a knee on the gunwale (sidedeck) & she slips right along. Gtr
Old 12-01-2009

Gilligan1967 is on a distinguished road
StarCraft Skylark Manual/Rigging info?

Hi -

I am considering a Starcraft Skylark and was hoping you could share your impressions of the boat.
The one I am looking at is "complete" but is jury rigged as the the owner did not have all parts and put the rigging together himself.
Is there any way I could access a copy of the owners manual?

Thanks, Danny
Old 10-04-2010

paulh7859 is on a distinguished road
I hear the hull can leak water through the dagger board slots. To test should be able to (a) presurize air into a drain plug hole and see if air pressure holds, or (b) empty all water in hull, insert drain plugs, check if any new water gets into hull.
Old 05-31-2011

Det is on a distinguished road
Manual needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwittman View Post
I have an original skylark with all original equipment, including the owner's manual. If I can help let me know. I was not able to send a private message to you. e-mail me if you are interested. Not sure how this works, you could probably google that to find me

Joe Wittman
Joe, would like to know if you still have the manual available. Restoring a skylark and could use a little help.
Dennis
Robpharm at pacbell.net
Old 06-12-2011

CedarValleySails is on a distinguished road
If anybody is looking for skylark parts please contact me. I recently had to decommission one and saved all the worthwhile items...basically everything but the vessel itself and the trim. I have the complete rudder & tiller assembly, mast, boom, both daggerboards with mounting hardware and a sail in good condition. PM me for pics or more info.
Old 06-15-2011

RBWhite is on a distinguished road
Trim

CedarValleySails is the hull gone? I am looking for some pieces of the aluminum trim/rub rail. The corner pieces by the rudder and rear outside corners. And for anyone I also have a manual for the boat and will try to scan it to pdf.

Ron