Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 
Old 08-13-2009

tcalef is on a distinguished road
I wanted to make sure that you got your datamarine instruments running. I acquired all old stock from Datamarine, and can definitely give you a hand if you still need it.

Let me know!

tom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 07-07-2010

wpcheadle is on a distinguished road
I bought an old Morgan 321 w/Corinthian depth & speed. The installed instruments were very rough, but it came along with a pair of used but much better instruments. My first haul out I swapped out the instruments & the speed xducer but left the depth because the installed one is bronze and mounted in a fairing block and the "new" one is plastic and wouldn't go in. I figured the same instrument would use the same transducer freq.

We the depth readings bounce all over the place. S I'm not sure what the issue might be. Anybody know how to trouble shoot these things? Obviously, next trip to the boat (4+ hours away) I'll take the "new" transducer and hang it over the side - wish I'd had it with me when it when back in the water! Any othe insight into these instruments will be most appreciated.
Old 06-21-2011

sparky332 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcalef View Post
I wanted to make sure that you got your datamarine instruments running. I acquired all old stock from Datamarine, and can definitely give you a hand if you still need it.

Let me know!

tom
Hi Tom

I'm interested to acquire schematics for datamarine corinthian instruments. Available?
Old 06-21-2011

paul323 is on a distinguished road
Interestingly there are two shops that service old Datamarine instruments. I used DMI (datamarine Industries, www.dmimarine.com). The company in East Falmouth I know nothing about, but I vaguely remember reading some mixed reviews...

DMI serviced my Corinthian S2000DL depth sounder, were very responsive, and did a great job. Works - and looks - like new. Cheaper than replacing all the instruments, which was the other option. As previously stated, they quote before doing work, and do work on time. My experience was positive. And they have a bulldog called Spike...what else can you ask for?

(disclaimer: not affiliated in any way yada yada)
Old 06-21-2011

paul323 is on a distinguished road
wpcheadle, I sent my depth sounder into DMI, they tested it, diagnosed the fault as the transducer, recommended a new transducer, and tuned the depth guage to work with it. I installed it in-hull, and it works fine now - solid as a rock.
Old 06-21-2011

JimsCAL is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky332 View Post
Hi Tom

I'm interested to acquire schematics for datamarine corinthian instruments. Available?
He has not posted here in two years. Suspect he is not in business anymore. Contact DMI.
Old 06-23-2011

wpcheadle is on a distinguished road
I contacted DMI and they spend 10-15 minutes with me on the phone. Turns out I just needed to solder a new connector on the end of the depth meter cable - it's been working ever since (the knot meter's another story - barnacles and paddlewheels, etc). I boxed up my old instruments and new transducers and shipped them off to DMI in hopes they can use them for spare parts just to say thanks. I will be calling on them when the time comes to upgrade.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.