Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 
Old 04-07-2008

CapnSantiago is on a distinguished road
Datamarine Accolades

Just had to give a shout-out for Datamarine service..."Superior Customer Service".

I inherited a datamarine Depthsounder and Speed/Log (Corinthian Series) with the purchase of my 30' sailboat last summer. Both seemed to be working but the LED readout on the Speed/Log was scrambled and difficult to read. Being new to this size boat and equipment I thought I'd just buy a new one. Checked out the Datamarine website and: WELL!...$800-1,000 for new...so now I need a new plan. Reading further on "About" they offer "superior customer service" with a link outlining the process. Yeah/right, been down this road before. So I email them with the problem as instructed and received a response from a real person (not autoreply) in a couple of hours..."no problem send it in". So I sent it two day delivery and got a call from them that receipt day stating they had checked it out and it needed a new LED display, a new switch boot (the one on it was torn) for less than $200...they can fix it and send it out tomorrow and were apologetic that I probably wouldn't get it until Monday, which meant I would not have it for the weekend. I was ecstatic, no problem, I can deal with that! They took my payment via credit card and Monday it arrived. Reinstalled on the boat the following weekend and it works perfectly.

I know this is the way things are suppose to be, but in todays world it so often is not (especially dealing with boats/boat parts). Amazing, something actually repaired and not thrown away and replaced.

So, I just have to say Datamarine offers AND provides SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-07-2008

proflyer is on a distinguished road
I used DMI to overhaul my datamarine instruments recently. They promised three week turn around when I talked to a real person with enquiries. After one week I received a call with the estimates and the completed job arrived in two weeks elapsed time. I was really satisfied with the service and results

John
Old 04-07-2008

teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about
Glad to hear that since I've got old Datamarine instruments and the wind instrument crapped out.
Old 04-07-2008
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
OK I need to know what web site and service department you guys are talking about....

All I got was referred to some local out source shop here in Bellingham Washington...The guy was polite but not real positive in being able to help me...I have a full array of Data marine I would like to get up and running that came with my boat...

I gave up and just started another thread about compatibility hooking up a different sounder to the transducer..

Im very interested in this paticular department you guys got ahold of...Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Datamarine Accolades-000_0005.jpg  
Old 04-07-2008
On the hard

CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about
Myself as I have Datamarine Corinthian stuff on my boat too.
Old 04-07-2008

BarryL is on a distinguished road
This place:

This is place I used to have my wind machine repaired.

DMI Marine, Inc.

I haven't installed it yet, but the service was prompt. My boat will be in the water at the end of the month, so I'll find out how well it works.

Barry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillraining View Post
OK I need to know what web site and service department you guys are talking about....

All I got was referred to some local out source shop here in Bellingham Washington...The guy was polite but not real positive in being able to help me...I have a full array of Data marine I would like to get up and running that came with my boat...

I gave up and just started another thread about compatibility hooking up a different sounder to the transducer..

Im very interested in this paticular department you guys got ahold of...Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-07-2008
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
Thanks Barry...I just called and they close at 4:00pm so I will try again tomorrow...
Old 04-07-2008

I went to the source.

datamarineinstruments.com/service.shtml

click on "Service", which provides you with this information:

Datamarine Instruments Map
34 Currier Road
East Falmouth, MA 02536
Phone: 508-457-7600
Fax: 508-540-3083
service at datamarineinstruments.com

I emailed them with the problem, got a same day email response , mailed it to them, got a call with analysis/cost when they got it, approved the cost via my credit card, got the repaired instrument back all in less than 10 days.
Old 04-07-2008

BTW, your speed/log and depth sounder look to be the exact models as mine "Corinthian".
Old 04-08-2008
Grasshopper

JiffyLube is on a distinguished road
I did some research on Datamarine about six months ago, and came up with the same information that you found out about...I have the same equipment.
My wind instrument at the top of my mast lost all the cups that make it turn, and Datamarine said they can fix that...it was a lot cheaper than buying a new one.