Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 
Old 05-19-2008

tdblanchard is on a distinguished road
Slip Rates

Hey there gang
A friend of mine is thinking about leaving his boat in the capable hands of yours truly and I'm having the darnedest time finding good slip fees in Annapolis.
It's an S2 7.9 meter sailboat (retractable keel).

What would be a reasonable yearly lease?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 05-19-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Most places charge either by the foot/month or foot/season. Up here in New England, the slip prices for a six-month season run about $85-130 / foot. So a 26' sailboat would be about $2,210-3,380.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 05-19-2008
Sea Slacker

brak is on a distinguished road
Annapolis is pretty expensive. Down in Solomons slips go for about $95 a foot, and Annapolis proper is definitely more than that. There are a few marinas in the middle that may be slightly cheaper, though not by a whole lot (you may be looking at the lower end of what sailingdog mentioned), however those would be marinas with VERY basic amenities and long way to open water.
Old 05-19-2008

Sabreman will become famous soon enough Sabreman will become famous soon enough
In general, get as far away from Annapolis as comfortably feasible. When I bought my boat there 4 years ago, I was charged $300/mo (flat rate, not by the ft) until I moved it. I'm sure someone will have an accurate $ value. As you move south, the price drops dramatically. Go to the lower tidal Potomac and its $140/mo (flat rate). Go further south to Reedville and it's $100/mo (flat rate).

Someone should plot the monthly rate as a function of the distance from Annapolis. I expect that it would resemble an "L".
Old 05-19-2008
I'd rather be sailing

labatt will become famous soon enough
Keep an eye out for people advertising extra slips at their houses in the Annapolis region. Calling brokers and asking around might work. We got a slip for $200/month last year at a person's house.
s/v "Pelican" Passport 40 #076- Finished Cruising - for the moment -
"Don't dream your life, live your dream" - Bob Bitchin'
"I'll see it when I believe it" - Me
Old 05-19-2008
Roadkillibus Texanis

retclt will become famous soon enough retclt will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
So a 26' sailboat would be about $2,210-3,380.
For 6 months? Holy crap . . . are you kidding? I'd get a trailer . . . for sure.

Bob T

"I cannot not sail" - E. B. White
Old 05-19-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
I wish I was kidding... a mooring here is $900 or so for the season... a marina slip is $85-130 / foot for the six-month season. That doesn't include the electricity, which is usually an additional charge... or haul outs and launches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by retclt View Post
For 6 months? Holy crap . . . are you kidding? I'd get a trailer . . . for sure.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 05-19-2008

chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough
I know of a privately owned slip on deep creek (Magothy river, 10 minute drive from down town) that can fit your boat. Yearly it would run about 1500. PM me if interested.

It is not mine, I have no financial interest.
Old 05-19-2008

RickQuann is on a distinguished road
Our marina on the Potomac is twenty five miles from the Chesapeake, and our monthly rates is 120.00 or 1440.00 per year and that includes electricity, water, bathrooms and pump out facilities. That's a flat rate, not based on footage. We go elsewhere for haul outs, etc.
We're located on Monroe Bay, in Colonial Beach.

Chuckles private slip for 1500.00 sounds like great deal, especially that close to Annapolis
Old 05-19-2008

fullkeel7 is on a distinguished road
Holly Crap!! is right on!

I sure hope that kind of pricing doesn't spread south. Prices are on the rise down here but, GEZZ! Although, with the continuation of vanishing dockage here in Florida, it's a com'in!

Chuckles, private dockage, never really thought about that one for a big boat...I did rent a small slip for a CD Typhoon privately a while back w/o amenities...although I haven't found my 'real' boat yet, good idea. Thanks.

Bob

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.