Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 
Old 05-27-2008

spcharby is on a distinguished road
Yanmar 2GM20F Fuel Control Arm

Plese help!

I thought my throttle cable was binding; however, on closer investigation, I found the cable to be fine and the fuel control arm to be seized up. I have removed the linkage and tried to lube the spline with no luck.

I saw on another forum that someone else had this issue, but there was no resolution posted. Has anyone else had this?

I am trying to get a mechanic to call me back, but it is tough to do. I will likely end up repairing this myself.

Also, which manual is better - the Clymer or the Yanmar manual? I will need to buy one. I have the Selco(?) and it is basically crap for repairs.

Steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 05-28-2008

Rockter will become famous soon enough
spc..
Do you have a picture of it, or a drawing?
It's probably just corrosion and it should be relatively easy to fix.
Old 05-28-2008

trantor12020 is on a distinguished road
Steve, I've extract of Yanmar service manual (3MB). The chapter on Fuel and Governor would possibly interest you.
PM me your email.
Old 05-28-2008

jg91604 is on a distinguished road
Similar problem

I have a similar problem, throtle was hard to push (pull), and idle kept getting higher. Found that the cable was not my problem. I discovered that the cable conects to a rod. The rod to the fuel injection. This rod had somehow shifted (into the engine), slid past its indent. I removed the plate that covers the area it enters the engine, gently pulled the rod out to its proper length, so the indent aligns with the plate (which is suposed to keep it in place), problem solved! Or at least I thought. the next time I went sailing, the problem began again. I fixed it again... So I went to the Authorized Yanmar Service Guys to ask for there help, and look at their repair manual. So they looked it up, and told me that there was a circlip (snap ring) missing, so they ordered me the part. NO WAY THAT THIS PART EVER EXISTED IN THAT SPOT! So, I did what I could do , adjusted the plate (filed the holes so that the plate would align better with the notch better) and put it all back togther. So far so good, but I am sure time will tell.

Tell me what you tried?

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.