Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: West Australia
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 8
Opinions on Coursemaster Autopilots
interested in any opinons on Coursemaster Autopilots. My existing autopilot (Benmar 214) is on the blink and I am thinking about upgrading to the Coursemaster CM85i. Boat is a heavy displacement 45ft ketch.
The existing hydraulic drive unit (Hydrive 314) appears to be working ok so I am planning on replacing the controlling unit as a first step. If I have problems later on Coursemaster also sell Hydrive units so I'm assuming compatibility will not be a problem.
Coursemaster also list remote units so this could also be an option.
Below is some details from their website:
The CM85i autopilot offers simple one-touch control, intelligent, self-tuning software and rate gyro compass. It is the perfect autopilot solution for both power and sailing vessels from 6m - 40m.
- Large graphic display: rudder angle, backlit LCD with wide viewing angle, on-screen display of GPS information in a compact, waterproof 110 x 110mm case
- Intelligent, self-tuning software: automatically adjusts for speed, sea conditions and trim
- Interfaces: GPS, wind instruments, digital compass information
- Autotack, autogybe with adjustable angle
- Rate Gyro Compass: accurate courseholding, reduced fuel consumption, performance stability
- Auto/manual compass calibrations
- Drive options: linear, hydraulic, rotary, solenoid
- Remote options: second station, remote steering, jog lever, electric steering
Any good or bad experiences with Coursemasters?
Last edited by Ilenart; 05-28-2008 at 06:44 AM.