Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 
Old 10-13-2012

HBar50 is on a distinguished road
Re: Replacing Furling Line on Hood Seafurl 810

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautikal View Post
To: ARF145

I also have the Hood Furler with continuous loop on my '90 Hunter 28. You cannot get the loop off without unlatching the main furler from the deck. I am surprised how that continuous loop has stood up over a 22 year period. The unfortunate part is the hood twin rollers mounted on the stanchions are no longer anywhere near round ..in fact they look like pieces of swiss cheese. If anyone knows where I can get replacements I would be extremely happy.. Actually the reason for this message is : Is there any chance I can get a copy of the hood literature for this type of furling gear as we bought the boat third hand and the last owner did not have anything on the hood furling gear. It works ok but new rollers would help and occasionally I have had to squirt WD40 into the furling mechanism to allow the locking segment to work well.

So if anyone cane help me out or let me know where online I can read or copy the manual I would be really appreciative.

John
nautikal live com
You can still get the owners manual from Hood. They also still have parts for the 810 if you need to overhaul, or did 2 years ago.

One thing that I would like to bring up is that the 810LD is NOT a reefing unit but should be used to furl only. The continuous line has a habit of slipping under high load and your reefed sail will deploy with a rather loud bang.....If your lucky (and nothing breaks) you will then just have way to much sail out.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook