SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Leak - from keel joint?

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  camaraderie 
#1 ·
I have a leak below my waterline as my bilge pump cycles every 2-5 minutes and removes 1-2 cups of water every time.

I will check all of my through hulls but how do I know if it is coming from the keel/hull joint? How does one repair this?

Hunter 340 2001

#2 ·
First, assume it's something easy. Why would you think it involves the keel? This leak can come from any of the through-hulls, your head, your motor, fresh water tanks, holding tank (you would probably know this by now, though :) ), the stuffing box or from other sources.

Unless you have very good reason to suspect the keel, examine the other sources carefully.

Assuming the keel is the culprit, there is no way you can diagnose this without having more information.

What makes you suspect the keel/hull joint?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.