SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Banjo Bolt Stripped?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  T37Chef 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I have found my fuel leak (at least one of them;) ), the banjo bolt on the aft injector is stripped, and wont hold of course. Hopefully the threads with-in the injector are not, I don't want to have to buy that thing at $569.00?

I don't know if rethreading is a possibility, so I have ordered a new one, but I was curious if anyone has another fix, if just temporary till I get the bolt and washers, 3-5 days.:eek:

I also read on some diesel forums that you can change them out for better performance/fuel economy? Has anyone done this? :confused:

Please excuse my lack of diesel mechanical knowledge, I'm just a cook :D :eek:

#2 · (Edited)
banjo bolts can be found at several locations on any particular diesel engine...basically a pas thru bolt having a slightly larger diameter increases fuel flow to filters pumps injectors ect...dosent really affect performance that much..not like increasing pump pressure .. or over fueling injectors ect..

As far as a fix...never tried but a re-tap might just work ..or a heli-coil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.