Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 8
I have to ask the obvious: Did you check the electrolyte levels in the cells before and after you charged it? The sizzling sounds like you boiled it out.
If there is electrolyte (water/acid) in the battery, the next step is to go to your auto parts house and get a hydrometer. After leaving the battery charger off for about 3 or 4 hours, at least, check each cell with the hydrometer.
My first inclination is to say the battery is shot. If it's been dead for at least a year, and maybe as much as three years, then the battery is at the end of its useful life, anyway. I certainly wouldn't plan on cruising with it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.