Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 
Old 08-05-2008

cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough
Lost it? I don't even know what "it" was, much less where to find "it"

the other things... thecuban has them in her purse.

Some people are like slinkies: not really good for anything... but you can't help laughing when you push them down the stairs

Last edited by camaraderie; 08-05-2008 at 09:48 PM. Reason: not appropriate in sailing threads
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-05-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
CP-

can you move the hand up and to your left about four inches...that will improve the photo since your face will be covered almost completely.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 08-05-2008

vadimgo is on a distinguished road
Wasn't it about the boat fuel?

So, the best we have so far for inboard is diesel, from what you guys wrote...

From what I see around, the "GAS" (either metane or propane/butane versions) question is answered differently in different countries according to the way markets and/or goverments regulate the price. Another queston is availability. The natural gas is not coming here by the tanker from Saudies, but rather by pipe and from Canada at worst. So if we live to see israelies bombing Tehran, it is quite possible that LNG and canola oil would be the only fuel both for my boat and car. Other that that, in the great US of A gasoline is soo affordable, once I am at the marina, the price to fill the sailboat's outboard tank would not become an issue for me any time soon. The drive from home is a bit different story, but again, I do not drive an american car.
As of the other options, both greener and possibly cheaper, this discussion is not even scratching the surface.
Yes, it is really complicated, and yes, unfortunatelly, the way the political machine is working, we will not see any reasonable solution any time soon, regardless of whether it will be an old boy or black boy
Old 08-06-2008
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
Hey ...remember back during WWII when charcoal burners in cars were around....shoot fire up the BBQ pipe it to the engine and motor on out of the marina...
Old 08-06-2008
Once known as Hartley18

Classic30 will become famous soon enough Classic30 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillraining View Post
Hey ...remember back during WWII when charcoal burners in cars were around....shoot fire up the BBQ pipe it to the engine and motor on out of the marina...
..chased by greenies on electric jet-skis brandishing carbon credits!

But isn't that what CD does now?!? I'm sure I've seen a photo around here someplace...