Not a Member? 
Old 10-20-2011

JimsCAL is on a distinguished road
Three year old thread guys!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-20-2011

GRACIE'S GUY is on a distinguished road
Mr. Kelly and new sales

I am buying new sails from Lee Sails rep in Portland, OR. My sails are pretty big and Lee will save me well in excess of $1000 on other imports, as much as $2000 on "Name Brand" sails which are imports and much more on US built sails. In addition, I will pay no sales tax. I will donate the sales tax $$ to a local non-profit dedicated to children where 90% of the money will go to purpose. Much more affective than giving the $$ to the State. Go 99%!!!!
Old 10-22-2011

TSchwarck is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRACIE'S GUY View Post
I have had a very nasty e-mail exchange with Mr. Kelly in which he calls the entries on the internet chat sites libelous. I would not buy from him under any circumstances. This is one ill tempered disingenuous fellow and I have no doubt that the complaints about his company are true. His response to my question about the chats was to blame the victims of his poor business practices and attack me for asking him about the listed problems. Not good at all!! No defense no explanation. He seems to believe that the best defense is an overblown offence.
I made the mistake of ordering a sail from Kelly-Hanson about a year ago. I never received my sail and couldn't get a response when I asked for a refund.
Old 10-22-2011

lancelot9898 is on a distinguished road
I followed Maine Sail's advice and ordered sails from Dirk at National Sail Supply. In the spring of this year I took delivery of the staysail and a month or so later ordered the mainsail. Excellent service and followed instructions very well including putting in an over the top leech line on the main so as to adjust it at the mast rather than hanging over the side of the boat adjusting at the clew. Thanks Maine for the recommendation!
Old 10-22-2011

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
Since the thread was brought back from the dead I thought I'd update if anyone cared.

We did go with a new Profurl Furler on a new headstay and Sails from Jerry Latell (Ullman Deltaville). We've been very happy with the sails for the past few seasons. We went with 4 full batten main with 2 reefs, and a 140 genoa, slightly larger than a 135 but smaller than the 150 we had before.

In retrospect I might have opted for a higher tech headsail and kept my main for a few more years since our boat is really driven by the headsail, but we're pretty satisfied overall and these sails should last us quite a while. I am on the lookout for a used laminate sail that would be around a 100-110 for early and late season sailing.
Old 10-22-2011
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
"I never received my sail and couldn't get a response when I asked for a refund. "

Did you hand them a deposit cash in hand? No receipt? By mail, the USPS would prosecute for mail fraud. Credit cards would issue a chargeback. Cashed check and no receipt for goods, and you've got a small claims case.

Of course if you don't bring charges, just take the loss and walk away, then you are setting up the next guy for more of the same. Bad karma.
Old 11-03-2011

jay grant is on a distinguished road
K Hans bogus site.

Thanks for info on kelly hanson. I tried to click on their site from this forum just befor I read your post. nothing worked-its bogus?
Old 11-03-2011

jay grant is on a distinguished road
Fx mainsail

Has anyone dealt with fx/the sail store, charleston sc? Im looking at their fully battened inshore sail . Would like to hear feedback on buyer experience,build quality and performance. Befor and after. Thanks ,and im sorry to fump in like this but sn wont assist me site user info.
Old 11-04-2011

ahab211 is on a distinguished road
Add Content
Old 11-10-2011

E I sailor is on a distinguished road
KH sails

I made the mistake of orderin 3 sails from these guys last year and paying through paypal. Received 1of 3 sails and no redress. I filed complaints through BBB, IC3 and CPA. No responce, caveat emptor