Having a problem all of a sudden with my 2004 yanmar 1gm10.
Prior to leaving boat idle for 3 weeks - i had the bottom cleaned and prop cleaned - and went for a sail - the motor started easily and ran strong - as it has all season long.
When I came back after 3 weeks of course the bottom seemed to look like crap - as seen from the topside. Not sure what prop looked like. I started the engine - easy start - no smoke or funny smells form the engine.
Put it in gear - seemed to be moving slow at about 1800 rpm - moved the lever to near WOT - she would only go to about 2100 rpm or so. also the engine seems to vibrate a little more than normal. Here are my thoughts on troubleshooting.
1) Prop - prior to water - i put pettit antifouling paint
on - but also noticed that this stuff comes off pretty easily - perhaps when diver cleaned prop - he rubbed off all the paint
and now its a barnacle ghetto..
filter - primary was replaced spring 2007 - that said - the bowl shows nothing but diesel fuel
(red) - no sign of water.
3) filter on engine - not sure when that was replaced. engine was installed in late 2004.
5) air in fuel line
- so maybe bleed system? i bled system in spring - do you need to do this thruout the season??
6) air obstruction - under mid idle - i can definetly feel air intake from the filter so not sure that this is an issue.
obstruction - i will check the mixing elbow for buildup.
8) Bad fuel
- tank was completely filled Nov 2007 - with biocide and cetane treatment. added more of both early in season when i topped off the tank. Not sure if this is an issue as the engine starts very easily.
Any other items that I missed?
Our harbor is somewhat crappy and not looking forward diving to take a look...