Bottom Paint -what works! - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 08-15-2008 Thread Starter

Bottom Paint -what works!

Took me 25 years to figure this out... used Petit Trinidad for lots of years 'till the build-up was 1/4" thick... ugh ! Tried Seahawk Islands 44 Hard - pretty good stuff. Got some Jotun 60 on now... never again! Bottom line (pun intended) Petit Ultima SR.. (used it before the Jotun), it works, even in nasty, hot, southern water! Was in La Ceiba, Honduras back up in a slough, barnacles grew on the Jotun that was less than 6 months old. Next time.... Petit Ultima SR . Anyone tried the DeVoe ABC?
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-16-2008

Paul,
I've been using Trinidad SR. Good results so far... Why do you like Ultima SR better? My boat is in south Florida.

Hank
post #3 of 4 Old 08-16-2008 Thread Starter

Trinidad 'builds up' after several applications... Ultima does not. Saves a nasty grind down of old paint.
post #4 of 4 Old 08-18-2008
Sailor

I've had really good luck with West's CPP Ablative, which I think is made for them by Petit. Since I bottom paint annually, I only put on one thin coat and by the end of the season it is just about gone....just what I want. Makes getting ready for next season a breeze. Powerwash the bottom and ready for another coat.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.