SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Sail Fabric Duffel Bag

5K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  killarney_sailor 
#1 ·
How many out there would be interested in bags made out of high tech sail material. this is brand new material not recycled from old sails. To mine I added our boat logo on insigna cloth. its 12" round and 27" long with shoulder strap.

Scott

See less See more
#3 ·
I would say $45 without the graphic and $55 with it, provided i get the graphic in a quality form so i can print it. And the price can vary on size if you want something bigger or smaller or diffrent style. Hard to tell in the picture but there is a exterior velcro pocket where the logo is. I like the custom stuff so if people have ideas for strap and zipper colors and stuff let me know. the fabric i can get like you see (pentax) and i can get a yellow high tech fabic i will post some pictures of that once i take some.

Scott

#6 ·
Scott=

PM me as well, I'd be interested. :)

#12 ·
Hello
Would you be interested in making a bag to cover a cushion something like
10 tall inches by 48 inches length by 36 inches wide?

To be honest it for my Dog, I keep buying him a bed then he tears it to shreds
I was thinking of doing it myself but I can't stitch anything.
Would this hold up to a dog chewing on it?
Or could recommend another fabric?
Thanks

#15 ·
When I was down in the BVI, I saw bags made of used sails for sale in a store (I think at Soper's Hole, but I could be misremembering). I was rather surprised to read on the tag that they're made in MA.

Anyways, can you give some info about the durability of these bags? Are they waterproof? Will they hold up to lots of abuse? I'm potentially interested in one.

#16 ·
I asked at Bacon Sails and they said that if sails never sell - often the case with tired hi-tech materials I imagine, they sell them, by the pound, to some woman who makes similar bags. I like the idea of reusing old materials - we should be looking for opportunities to reduce our environmental load.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.