SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Gear & Maintenance (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/gear-maintenance/)
-   -   Any ideas for haulout near Annapolis? (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/gear-maintenance/46781-any-ideas-haulout-near-annapolis.html)

saltypat 09-04-2008 09:58 PM

Any ideas for haulout near Annapolis?

Hi,

Reading the latest posts makes me think about fall haulout.

I did not get hauled last fall so I want to store it on land this winter, and get the bottom done for spring launch.

I would also like to be hauled somewhere with a knowledgeable staff, who could tell me if there is anything else I need to do. On our 1984 Endeavour I would like them to look over the rudder, stuffing box, throughulls, for example. I might also like some minor cosmetic fiberglass work.

I keep the boat on Kent Island, and the local service staff has done an adequate job for me on our engine andwinterizing, but I think there might be a better place for TLC for an aging sailboat.

Any suggestions form folks out there for my Chesapeake Bay area? I tbought about Lankford Creek marina, Whitehall area, Annapolis, etc.

BY the way, we bought our boat last season in June and found all the advice on this forum very helpful....

Thanks, SaltyPat

zz4gta 09-04-2008 10:38 PM

Rhode river marina is pretty nice. Price wise.

teshannon 09-04-2008 10:44 PM

When I bought my boat it was on the hard at Burt jabins in Annapolis. Lots of first class service providers in the area but they're not cheap.

Quickstep192 09-04-2008 10:45 PM

I got my boat hauled last year By Steve's Yacht Repairs at Annapolis Harbor Boatyard in Eastport. They were easy to work with and did a good job on all my repairs. I thought they were very careful with my boat; I also thought their prices were fair. Here's their info.

Steve's Yacht Repairs

maps.google.com

326 1st St
Annapolis, MD 21403
(410) 268-0092

rossirossi 08-26-2011 11:00 AM

I've had good luck at Casa Rio Marina. Their costs seem low, and they let you do your own work on your boat, a rarity these days. Hurricane Irene-Boat Haul Outs Casa Rio Marina--Annapolis Area Marina

PorFin 08-26-2011 01:22 PM

Herrington Harbor North

About 20-20 min south of Annapolis, in Tracy's Landing/Deale.

Not affiliated, just a happy customer.

rikhall 08-26-2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossirossi (Post 766401)
I've had good luck at Casa Rio Marina. Their costs seem low, and they let you do your own work on your boat, a rarity these days. Hurricane Irene-Boat Haul Outs Casa Rio Marina--Annapolis Area Marina

We bought our Irwin from Greg at Grab Bag Sales at Casa Rio and were very happy with them and the yard. She was on the hard for almost a year and I did lots of work on her. The yard can pretty much do it all or you can do as much as you like.

Another happy customer

Rik

chef2sail 08-26-2011 05:19 PM

Harbor Haven Marina in Rock Hall. You dont have the western shore/ annapolis prices for labor or storage. very knowedgeable staff with certified mechanics on staff full time as well as a full time rigger, Chesapeake Yanmar distributer also.

Dave

SVAuspicious 08-26-2011 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PorFin (Post 766446)
Herrington Harbor North

About 20-20 min south of Annapolis, in Tracy's Landing/Deale.

By road. Three or four hours from Annapolis on the water.