SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Screw on thru-hull plugs.

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  zz4gta 
#1 ·
Someone on SA mentioned using a screw on cap for their speed transducer when the boat was at the slip. This obviously kept the transducer clean from growth when the boat wasn't moving. I'd like to do the same, however after spending 40 minutes on the phone with Raymarine (recordings) another recording came on and appologized for the wait and then asked me to leave a message. So I did, but I'm not holding my breath. Has anyone here came up with a "hardware-store" replacement? My transducer has a retainer ring that screw down on the sensor to hold it tight. The standard 2 o-rings keep it water tight. I'd like to make something up that was similar.

Better yet, if anyone has an old transducer that's broken, I'd be happy to take it off your hands. :)

#3 ·
Most of the speed transducers come with a dummy plug to swap in to the thru-hull, to seal it when you take the speed transducer out for cleaning, storage, etc.
Someone on SA mentioned using a screw on cap for their speed transducer when the boat was at the slip. This obviously kept the transducer clean from growth when the boat wasn't moving. I'd like to do the same, however after spending 40 minutes on the phone with Raymarine (recordings) another recording came on and appologized for the wait and then asked me to leave a message. So I did, but I'm not holding my breath. Has anyone here came up with a "hardware-store" replacement? My transducer has a retainer ring that screw down on the sensor to hold it tight. The standard 2 o-rings keep it water tight. I'd like to make something up that was similar.

Better yet, if anyone has an old transducer that's broken, I'd be happy to take it off your hands. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.