Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 
Old 10-07-2008

svkestrel2 is on a distinguished road
Replacement Windbugger Blades

Hi,

I've got an old windbugger lying in the shop that was given to me a few years ago. However, it was given sans blades. Windbugger is no longer manufacturing and does not seem to offer replacement blades. Anyone have any ideas. Are there any units on the market that would have compatible blades, perhaps with some minor modifications?

Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-07-2008
Warm Weather Sailor

Vasco is on a distinguished road
I retired my Windbugger when I got a KISS. Have a 3 bladed prop in my basement. Where are you?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-07-2008

svkestrel2 is on a distinguished road
Located on Chesapeake Bay MD, Eastern Shore
Old 10-07-2008

badsanta is on a distinguished road
I have an old windbuger and I am in northern VA and fredricksburg. I will be at the boat show saturday or you can PM me.
Old 03-08-2009

Windrift is on a distinguished road
Hi, I am in search of a windbugger blade and hub and just signed up here and can not Pm as of yet. Anyone still have this available?
Old 03-09-2009

kckclass is on a distinguished road
WindGenZen.com - has a free online class shows how to make them (several methods - wood, plastic etc.), videos etc. and how to make a complete generator that puts out about 2 - 4 times more than the KISS, Windbugger or Air-X. In a side-by-side comparison with an Air-X we got twice the power using a surplus PMDC motor that cost $80 - $200 (depending on where you get it). I got mine at surplus center (nebraska) but they don't always have them.

A NASA Physicist taught me to make them for my sailboat (he sails to Arctic every year) and then we built the site so other people could make them too.

We sell the blades, but honestly prefer it if you learn to make them yourself and share your skills with others - works on boats, ranches etc. and I've even gone to foreign countries to teach as well as have folks in the Amazon who have stopped using gas gens because these are cheap and easy to make.

If you make it yourself a 5 - 6 footer does make about twice the power as an Air-X and total investment can be under $200-$300 depending on size of gen you get.
Free PCs for Kids since 1983
(Eduhosting.org/edkck.html)
and Woodcarver (trained by NASA Physicist)
The most beautiful Wind Generator Blades on Earth
(WindGenZen.com) Free Wind Gen blade carving classes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by kckclass; 03-09-2009 at 02:02 AM. Reason: added foreign country/teaching note and price
Old 03-09-2009

thanks, I will take a look
Old 03-10-2009

kckclass is on a distinguished road
Wind loving Ambassadors wanted

By the way, we are looking for sailors who visit island nations to act as Ambassadors for:

a) education - teaching locals how to make wind turbines - there's no charge for the classes and these folks in villages really enjoy it - I've done it and its a blast.

b) renewable energy development - primarily wind and biofuels to help these folks reduce their trade deficits. Many island nations are dying under oil imports and you can make a big splash talking to a few key people - the classes again are all free.

c) Organizing and protecting their waters, fisheries and habitats (like coral and jungle). Many of these nations, desperate for revenue, turn to land based tourism, which as all sailors know, tears a pristine place to pieces. I know the reef off of Saipan has been all but wiped out by golf courses built by the Japanese. Helping these places establish policies that encourage other forms of revenue helps them avoid mistakes other island nations have made. Again - the classes are free and in fact, you can earn a lot, both in terms of good will and as an occasional teacher or in a project manager role helping them protect their environments and repairing their economies.
Free PCs for Kids since 1983
(Eduhosting.org/edkck.html)
and Woodcarver (trained by NASA Physicist)
The most beautiful Wind Generator Blades on Earth
(WindGenZen.com) Free Wind Gen blade carving classes

Old 03-11-2009

bad santa , you sent me a pm and Im unable to pm as of yet but I am in port saint lucy , fl
Old 03-11-2009

badsanta is on a distinguished road
I have the whole unit. do you need anything other that the blades and blade hub?