Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 
Old 11-03-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
No argument there..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-09-2008

Cerveza is on a distinguished road
I did a slight modification to the design of the battery system. I introduced a simple way to disconnect each battery, and a backup switch for the starter.

Any inputs?
Old 11-09-2008

sander06 is on a distinguished road
I noticed the corrosion on your engine created and left there by the PO. Tis an amazing thing that people can sit there and watch an engine leak oil, coolant, or raw water until the engine is a complete mess without attending to the problem in the first place. I just replaced a thermostat and gaskets for an old westerbeke that had been leaking for years with all of it's attending corrosion. How hard is it?!
Old 11-09-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Sander-

You're making the assumption that the owner even bothered to look at his engine and had the knowledge and intelligence to figure out something was wrong if he did... and how to fix it. In many cases, that would be wrong on all three counts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

Old 11-09-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sander06 View Post
I noticed the corrosion on your engine created and left there by the PO. Tis an amazing thing that people can sit there and watch an engine leak oil, coolant, or raw water until the engine is a complete mess without attending to the problem in the first place. I just replaced a thermostat and gaskets for an old westerbeke that had been leaking for years with all of it's attending corrosion. How hard is it?!

I totally agree, but if you read the text in addition to looking at the pictures, you'd see it's my intention to eliminate the water leak. In the picture I've already started working with a steel brush on the corrosion. The oil leak is more difficult, I don't think I can replace that gasket at the moment, it's explained in the first post.

I bought the boat this season, and a lot of small issues has revealed themselves. I just got to take care of one thing at the time.
Old 11-09-2008
Telstar 28

BTW, don't use a steel wire brush on a boat.. you'll get tiny little steel particles and rust pox... use a bronze or stainless steel wire brush instead.

Telstar 28
New England

Old 11-09-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
BTW, don't use a steel wire brush on a boat.. you'll get tiny little steel particles and rust pox... use a bronze or stainless steel wire brush instead.
It's stainless, my bad..
Old 11-09-2008
Telstar 28

just checking...

Telstar 28
New England

Old 11-09-2008
Leap! The net will appear

SailChick20 is on a distinguished road
Hello and welcome! We have similar boats...I have the First 305. I'll be spying on the changes you make, although mine is configured a bit differently. I see we both have Doyle Sails too.

"Risk more than others think is safe. Care more than others think is wise. Dream more than others think is practical. Expect more than others think is possible. "
~ Cadet Maxim
Old 03-18-2009

I know it's bad to keep a woman waiting, but winter came along to my part of the world and for the last few months things have been like this.

I haven't been in complete hibernation though, I drew a new wiring diagram and a custom instrument panel. (A few things is a bit misleading in the wiring diagram)

It have the same rounded edges like the interior design in my boat, I thought I might as well keep it "homogenous" with the original design. My plan is to just painting it white, if no better suggestions comes up.

Testing, testing..

That one of the four instruments I ordered aparently was of an older design, was a big dissapointment...

Last edited by Cerveza; 03-18-2009 at 12:21 PM.