Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Hershey, PA / Middle River MD
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 9
Thanks for your input. I do agree your design would give me more options and any future buyer of the boat might want to go with it but here are my thoughts on continuing with the mod that, as of today is 98% complete:
1. I just cut all the new hoses last week. All but one or two are installed. I'm having a little trouble with fittings. Bending, cutting, and installing in the tight quarters (under the V berth) wasn't easy but I think it is going fairly well.
2. I did/do like the simplicity of SD's design.
3. For now, all my cruising will be in the Chesapeake Bay.
4. By law, I am to keep the Y valve lined up and locked to the holding tank and waste pump out. If I would ever go offshore, it would be for short periods. Since I'll be using the holding tank 95% of the time anyway, why not go with the simple design?
5. Another Y valve is another $100+.
6. I believe your suggestion would prevent ataining one of my objectives - to be able to backflush the holding tank and line each time I pump out.
Do you agree with my logic?