SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

What colour to paint my rowing dink?

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  sailingdog 
#1 ·
Ive got a nice little 8' rowing dink. I had to do some repairs on the keel and under side(note to self, dont drag the dink 100yrds to the water over rocks). The repairs are done, and the whole boat is sanded. Now what colour to paint it. I use Rustoleum topside paint, and have 3 colour to chose from for it, Sand Beige, Red and White. Ive been thinking of painting it red. Im going to leave the inside of the boat alone, since its all in good shape.

Here is the paint i use. Ive already got a quart of each colour. Ive also got blue and grey, but dont want to use them on the dink.
RustOleum.com

See less See more
#6 ·
I was going to second what J36ZT said...but that's not simple... go red... and leave the gunnel white. :)

#7 ·
So Pink with purple polka dots is out?!?!?! or is that too simple?

In the end, it is like my clients ask me, "what color pavers?" "I like this ____________, but you have to live with the choice, not me" so pick what you like, and do not worry about what I like!

I have to admit tho, and nice shiny white would be good and classic, with a upper boot stripe of your choice, Red is my fav!

Enjoy your hardwork!

marty

#10 ·
Evil...cam...evil..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.