SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Gear & Maintenance (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/gear-maintenance/)
-   -   Photo hunt: Got a Rocna anchor on your boat? (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/gear-maintenance/48683-photo-hunt-got-rocna-anchor-your-boat.html)

Craig Smith 11-06-2008 02:20 AM

Photo hunt: Got a Rocna anchor on your boat?

Hi all -
We’re currently working on a major extension to our website, which includes a comprehensive collection of info / articles / data on anchors, accessories, and anchoring. There is both generic information, and more specific material which applies just to the Rocna. It will go public a little later this month, if all goes to plan. This is a collaborative effort between ourselves and our partners.

One of the major sections will contain an ever-growing collection of case studies of Rocnas on the bows of boats, particularly production boats - the idea being, if a customer has a popular type of boat, somebody else with a Rocna may well have contributed some photos of the anchor's installation on the bow. (We're also interested in less popular boats, and also any custom built bow roller assemblies).

To jump start this, I'm on a photo hunt. If you have a Rocna on the bow of your boat, and you're willing and able, we sure would appreciate any photos you could provide.

Photos showing the anchor on the bow from different angles would be great, plus one of the boat as a whole is ideal...

If you can help, please e-mail the highest res / original digital pics to craig at rocna dot com.
You could post links here if you want, if the pics are already online somewhere (Flickr / Photobucket etc).
Please provide the basic details of your boat: build & model, designer, LOA, displacement. We'll also publish any comments you want to make regarding the anchor and boat.

P.S. Please don't send us other people's pics without their explicit permission. Please let us know who the copyright is owned by. We'll include an attribution notice and a link to your online presence if you have one.

Over to you all...

sailingdog 11-06-2008 07:49 AM

What rights are you looking to have for the said photos??? Online use, use in brochures and other printed collateral materials, use in magazine articles??? A lot of this depends on what use rights you're looking for.

Craig Smith 11-06-2008 07:59 AM

SD, in the first instance we need online (which means worldwide) reproduction rights, obviously non-exclusive. We would also prefer unrestricted usage rights for other contexts but anyone sending us content can impart what restrictions they wish.

TxLnghrn 11-06-2008 11:25 AM

Craig,
Send me an anchor and I'll be glad to put it on my Pearson 31 and shoot as many photo's as you would like to use :laugher
Michael

sailingdog 11-06-2008 11:35 AM

Craig-

Don't do it.. his photography skills are terrible.. you'd be lucky to recognize the boat as a boat, much less a sailboat with an anchor on it... :) ;) :laugher

Giulietta 11-06-2008 12:13 PM

Craig...here is the smallest lightest Rocna on my bow....

I can imagine the advertisment...

ROCNA...CLEARLY THE LIGHTEST CLEANEST, TRANSPARENT ANCHOR IN THE MARKET....

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/c...acsc2/1-19.jpg

:p :p :p :p

CharlieCobra 11-06-2008 01:21 PM

Buy an AD!

Valiente 11-06-2008 04:01 PM

Craig, now that I've got your attention, what is your opinion of the Rocna vs. Manson "heavy duty" test in the latest Practical Sailor? I understand it was an odd test, but no more odd than I've seen on the websites of several anchor manufacturers involving tearing up beaches.

Product Test: Heavyweight Cruising Anchors for Challenging Anchorages

ckgreenman 11-06-2008 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TxLnghrn (Post 397404)
Craig,
Send me an anchor and I'll be glad to put it on my Pearson 31 and shoot as many photo's as you would like to use :laugher
Michael

I'm with Craig. Send me one and I'll snap a bunch of pics. My wife has worked as a professional Photographer too :D

Joesaila 11-06-2008 05:06 PM

Happily Rocna

Craig, sent you a few pix and while my boats an oldie but goodie, we slept well at night with the Rocna.