SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Gear & Maintenance (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/gear-maintenance/)
-   -   Annapolis, MD sail loft? (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/gear-maintenance/48886-annapolis-md-sail-loft.html)

sail975 11-12-2008 04:13 PM

Annapolis, MD sail loft?

Does anyone have any recommendations for a sail loft in Annapolis? I'm just looking to have my genoa cleaned and was hoping someone might have some recommendations.

Thanks in advance!
Steve

zz4gta 11-12-2008 05:46 PM

Ulman Skelly. Seemed like good people and have repeate customers.

Leither 11-12-2008 11:40 PM

Not sure whether or not they do cleaning, but I have always found Bacon and Associates really helpful (and reasonably priced).

Stuart

labatt 11-13-2008 11:41 AM

Our sails are currently at North in Annapolis getting "cleaned up" (restitching, new UV cover, reinforcement in a couple of places and a 3rd reef point). I'll let you know how they are in 2 weeks.

sail975 11-13-2008 01:55 PM

Thanks for the responses so far! Feels better to get personal recomendations rather than just looking through the phone book...

labatt 11-13-2008 06:06 PM

I just heard from North on pricing... seems reasonable for a "name brand" loft (which doesn't necessarily make them better - just means they have a name brand). For slightly under $1k they are: Fixing stitching on all needed corners on both main and genoa (3 of them need work), reinforcing the batten pockets, repairing the UV cover on the genny where it rubbed against the spreaders and the sprit, adding a second layer of sunbrella to the places where the genny rubbed, replacing all of the telltales and adding a third reef point. I think there were one or two other things they were doing too. I expected it to be higher, and I know I could have gotten it lower at a different loft - but the sails are North and I wanted to bring them home. I'll let you know what the quality is when I get them back.

sailingdog 11-13-2008 06:08 PM

Not a bad price... :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by labatt (Post 401558)
I just heard from North on pricing... seems reasonable for a "name brand" loft (which doesn't necessarily make them better - just means they have a name brand). For slightly under $1k they are: Fixing stitching on all needed corners on both main and genoa (3 of them need work), reinforcing the batten pockets, repairing the UV cover on the genny where it rubbed against the spreaders and the sprit, adding a second layer of sunbrella to the places where the genny rubbed, replacing all of the telltales and adding a third reef point. I think there were one or two other things they were doing too. I expected it to be higher, and I know I could have gotten it lower at a different loft - but the sails are North and I wanted to bring them home. I'll let you know what the quality is when I get them back.

craigtoo 11-13-2008 08:35 PM

North.. Annapolis..

1 Attachment(s)
I've been pleased with the service from North.

I've bought 5 sails from North in 3 years. 2 had problems (not from Annapolis Loft) but the Annapolis Loft corrected them immediately. I appreciated their level of service and will give them future business.

The sails are awesome btw.

Ooooh look Trophies! :D :D :D :D :D
Wait.. is this my out loud voice? :D YAYAYAY! North = Fast

chef2sail 11-13-2008 10:21 PM

UK sails have always been a great place for me. Have bought 3 sails from them.

sailingdog 11-13-2008 11:33 PM

Craigtoo-

Where'd you swipe the trophy photo from???