SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Annapolis, MD sail loft?

6K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  sailingdog 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any recommendations for a sail loft in Annapolis? I'm just looking to have my genoa cleaned and was hoping someone might have some recommendations.

Thanks in advance!
Steve

#3 ·
Not sure whether or not they do cleaning, but I have always found Bacon and Associates really helpful (and reasonably priced).

Stuart

#6 ·
I just heard from North on pricing... seems reasonable for a "name brand" loft (which doesn't necessarily make them better - just means they have a name brand). For slightly under $1k they are: Fixing stitching on all needed corners on both main and genoa (3 of them need work), reinforcing the batten pockets, repairing the UV cover on the genny where it rubbed against the spreaders and the sprit, adding a second layer of sunbrella to the places where the genny rubbed, replacing all of the telltales and adding a third reef point. I think there were one or two other things they were doing too. I expected it to be higher, and I know I could have gotten it lower at a different loft - but the sails are North and I wanted to bring them home. I'll let you know what the quality is when I get them back.

#7 ·
Not a bad price... :)

#8 ·
North.. Annapolis..

I've been pleased with the service from North.

I've bought 5 sails from North in 3 years. 2 had problems (not from Annapolis Loft) but the Annapolis Loft corrected them immediately. I appreciated their level of service and will give them future business.

The sails are awesome btw.

Ooooh look Trophies! :D :D :D :D :D
Wait.. is this my out loud voice? :D YAYAYAY! North = Fast

Attachments

#10 ·
Craigtoo-

Where'd you swipe the trophy photo from???

#13 ·
craig-

I've just taken a closer look at the photos... I didn't realize that you could get one for last place... :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.