Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 
Old 11-12-2008

sail975 is on a distinguished road
Annapolis, MD sail loft?

Does anyone have any recommendations for a sail loft in Annapolis? I'm just looking to have my genoa cleaned and was hoping someone might have some recommendations.

Thanks in advance!
Steve
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-12-2008
I don't discuss my member

zz4gta is on a distinguished road
Ulman Skelly. Seemed like good people and have repeate customers.
Old 11-12-2008
Retired and happy

Leither is on a distinguished road
Not sure whether or not they do cleaning, but I have always found Bacon and Associates really helpful (and reasonably priced).

Stuart

I must go down to the sea again, to the lonely sea and the sky - I left my shoes and socks there, I wonder if they're dry?
Old 11-13-2008
I'd rather be sailing

labatt will become famous soon enough
Our sails are currently at North in Annapolis getting "cleaned up" (restitching, new UV cover, reinforcement in a couple of places and a 3rd reef point). I'll let you know how they are in 2 weeks.
s/v "Pelican" Passport 40 #076- Finished Cruising - for the moment -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Don't dream your life, live your dream" - Bob Bitchin'
"I'll see it when I believe it" - Me
Old 11-13-2008

sail975 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the responses so far! Feels better to get personal recomendations rather than just looking through the phone book...
Old 11-13-2008
I'd rather be sailing

labatt will become famous soon enough
I just heard from North on pricing... seems reasonable for a "name brand" loft (which doesn't necessarily make them better - just means they have a name brand). For slightly under $1k they are: Fixing stitching on all needed corners on both main and genoa (3 of them need work), reinforcing the batten pockets, repairing the UV cover on the genny where it rubbed against the spreaders and the sprit, adding a second layer of sunbrella to the places where the genny rubbed, replacing all of the telltales and adding a third reef point. I think there were one or two other things they were doing too. I expected it to be higher, and I know I could have gotten it lower at a different loft - but the sails are North and I wanted to bring them home. I'll let you know what the quality is when I get them back.
s/v "Pelican" Passport 40 #076- Finished Cruising - for the moment -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Don't dream your life, live your dream" - Bob Bitchin'
"I'll see it when I believe it" - Me
Old 11-13-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Not a bad price...
Quote:
Originally Posted by labatt View Post
I just heard from North on pricing... seems reasonable for a "name brand" loft (which doesn't necessarily make them better - just means they have a name brand). For slightly under $1k they are: Fixing stitching on all needed corners on both main and genoa (3 of them need work), reinforcing the batten pockets, repairing the UV cover on the genny where it rubbed against the spreaders and the sprit, adding a second layer of sunbrella to the places where the genny rubbed, replacing all of the telltales and adding a third reef point. I think there were one or two other things they were doing too. I expected it to be higher, and I know I could have gotten it lower at a different loft - but the sails are North and I wanted to bring them home. I'll let you know what the quality is when I get them back.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 11-13-2008
Barkeep - Sailor's Pub

craigtoo will become famous soon enough craigtoo will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to craigtoo Send a message via Yahoo to craigtoo Send a message via Skype™ to craigtoo
North.. Annapolis..

I've been pleased with the service from North.

I've bought 5 sails from North in 3 years. 2 had problems (not from Annapolis Loft) but the Annapolis Loft corrected them immediately. I appreciated their level of service and will give them future business.

The sails are awesome btw.

Ooooh look Trophies!
Wait.. is this my out loud voice? YAYAYAY! North = Fast
Attached Thumbnails
Annapolis, MD sail loft?-1109081719a.jpg  

I love
Old 11-13-2008

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
UK sails have always been a great place for me. Have bought 3 sails from them.

(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 11-13-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Craigtoo-

Where'd you swipe the trophy photo from???

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.