Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 
Old 11-18-2008
Anchorsmith

Craig Smith is on a distinguished road
Arrow Rocna photo hunt: a thank you note

Hi all,

Thanks to those to date who have responded to our request for photos. We've received a good number of responses, and our little collection is now starting to look like something deserving of the name.

I'm sure the effort made to take and send photos, particularly by those who did it specially, will be greatly appreciated not only by ourselves, but by those other boaters for whom it's intended.
www.rocna.com/kb

Thanks again to the contributors so far.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sailnet Disclosure: Craig is the son of the designer of Rocna and has a financial interest in its success.

Last edited by Craig Smith; 11-18-2008 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Dare I?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-18-2008
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Craig,

At sailnet, we always apprecaite your input - though we may not always agree. Just curiously, given the nature of your product and influence on this board, wouldn't it be beneficial for you to periodically take out an ad or two to help support a platform you use so much? I know it would be appreciated to help keep the lights on here.

- CD

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 11-18-2008

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Craig, thanks for sending me the anchor..

I will soon post a review..

Thanks again

Alex
Old 11-18-2008

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
CD´s right...a little add would buy you wonders here...as you could post anything you wanted...think about it..

Thanks again for the anchor
Old 11-18-2008
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad View Post
Craig,

At sailnet, we always apprecaite your input - though we may not always agree. Just curiously, given the nature of your product and influence on this board, wouldn't it be beneficial for you to periodically take out an ad or two to help support a platform you use so much? I know it would be appreciated to help keep the lights on here.

- CD
Craig- I have to agree with CD- (holy crap, did I just say that?) You are effectivly using Sailnet as a marketing tool both to discuss your product, and now to collect marketing data and images. It would only seem the right thing to do to help support the platform that has helped you/your company by taking out the occational ad.

Now about that anchor....
Old 11-18-2008
Roadkillibus Texanis

retclt will become famous soon enough retclt will become famous soon enough
An ad's a great idea! Especially now that ad's are laced through all of the threads. Folks would see the picture of that anchor everywhere.

Bob T

"I cannot not sail" - E. B. White
Old 11-18-2008
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Craig...once again you use this forum to try to promote your anchors and link to your site in violation of our terms.
You may NOT discuss your anchors EXCEPT in response to a members question. Once again I say to you...TAKE OUT AN AD!

Your post has been edited accordingly.
Old 11-18-2008
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giulietta View Post
CD´s right...a little add would buy you wonders here...as you could post anything you wanted...think about it..

Thanks again for the anchor
In essense, support that which supports you. I have absolutely no doubt (and nor do you or Rocna) that our board has alread sold you countless anchors - either directly or indirectly. Please note - I do NOT (NOT) get paid in any way by Sailnet. I do all of this for free, as does Cam and Jeff. We give back for free - would be nice if you helped support too.

I cannot imagine Rocna not standing behind a revenue source. Thank you for your support. If you do not know where to go to take out an ad, please let me know and I will personally help direct you.

- CD

PS Taking out an ad does not mean free roaming on the board. That would not change, but I surely would not object to you linking your ad (at sailnet) to your post. I doubt others would either.

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 11-18-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Craig-

Considering how you're basically in every anchor-related thread... and you are probably pointing people to some of the discussions about anchors that have been held on this forum, many of which have Maine Sail, myself and several other Rocna owners advocating your product, I think it would make sense for your company to take an ad out regarding your product.

Given the very aggressive stance you have regarding your product, and the premium that you charge for your anchor, taking out a few ads is the least you can do.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 11-18-2008
Best Looking MALE Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
Craig-

Considering how you're basically in every anchor-related thread... and you are probably pointing people to some of the discussions about anchors that have been held on this forum, many of which have Maine Sail, myself and several other Rocna owners advocating your product, I think it would make sense for your company to take an ad out regarding your product.

Given the very aggressive stance you have regarding your product, and the premium that you charge for your anchor, taking out a few ads is the least you can do.
Ditto to you and everyone above. That's what I am saying. Why don't you support us as we support you??

- CD

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook: