SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Roller Furling problems

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  michaeltouche 
#1 ·
I have a 1978 CT42'' Ketch with roller furling on the head sail and cutter sail. Twice I have had the furling line come loose from the drum (OLD HOOD SYSTEM)and I had to re-wrap the line with the drum fixed in place while underway. Is there a way to make the drum free wheel rather than hand wrap the intire line?

#5 ·
Can't blame you for trying, but the OP's profiles says they last signed on in 2006.

I took a shot at Sailrite and, low and behold, they had your dimensions. Although, the pic of a data tag looks correct, the box in the middle of the page has an E2 typo, as it repeats P2. The pic says the mizzen Luff PM is 27'6" and the Foot EM is 10'5".

https://www.sailrite.com/Ct-42-Ketch-Sail-Data

#6 ·
thanks, this is nice. a bit more info than sailboatdata.com provides, but this is sail measurements. it helps incredibly for my sails, but doesn't give mast dimensions. I might have a handle on a owner that has same boat as mine. I need overall mast height and height from bottom of step to boom, boom length and height of spreaders from step and dimensions of spreader... etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.