Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 
Old 09-23-2002

Wega24 is on a distinguished road
Fall Discount (All sail service and production)

Hi Waternut

sorry couldnt find your real name in the directory.
I am interested who you are. I had very nice dealings with Lynn buing my spinaker and would really hate, if you are gone from Sailnet. It will possibly not make a huge difference, where I will buy my next sails. Because Airforce sails are good. But I will certainly look around at other places as well. ( A thing I wouldndt have done, when you were still around at Airforce )

This is a delicate matter, as you have shown class not to destroy the former employee. therefore just email me outside of the board

gorace@omegabbs.com

Thanks ... Thorsten
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 09-24-2002

WATERNUT is on a distinguished road

Thanks Thorsten;

"You''ve got Mail"

Waternut
Old 09-27-2002

email_test is on a distinguished road

Couple of quick observations.

John (Waternut) is entitled to his opinions... however, there is a line where opinions become weapons.

John no longer works here and he is unhappy about that fact. I can''t explain the background of that decision without violating John''s privacy. I will not do that.

It would be great if John took this vendetta elsewhere. If that''s not the case then I can only suggest the wisdom of filtering his comments about SailNet and the staff against the reality that he is unhappy over losing his job.

-- Sam
Old 09-27-2002
Senior Nappy Headed Ho

Denr is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Sammie, take a chill pill dude, we’ll still buy your stuff but, you’ve got to give good customer service. I have in the past and will continue in the future to buy stuff from Sailnet, cut John some slack.
Old 09-28-2002

thewaternut is on a distinguished road

Mr. Boyle; With all due respect. Although I certainly could have voiced negative comments about Sailnet and it''s"management " I have chosen not to. Many of my friends and your customers have applauded my position. I have been offering help and advice to sailors for many years and will continue to do so. At no time have I ever said anything derogatory about sailnet. Never will. I''ll let your customers take care of that. They are the ones who maintain that your actions "stink". Not my words, theirs.
If you can exhibit any areas that I have negatively attacked sailnet on these boards, please bring them to my attention for an immediate retraction.
I would encourage any of the board respondents to give sailnet a try. As Mr. Boyle would say "we sell s**t" In most cases sailnet will offer the best or at least competitive pricing on marine equipment. THAT''S GREAT! as far as customer service goes, that''s up to your customers to decide.
I''m sure your board readers know my position, Sam. Read on a little more if your not clear. Sam, please remove my name, as I have requested, from both your voice mail menus and the "sailnet south" staff.
In the meantime time the waternut will offer his opinions to those out there who need the benefit of his experience and those who are following the dream. Again, thanks to all my friends out there who do understand what''s going on.
(Sam, if i wanted to trash sailnet I''d just give every customer I''ve talked to for the last ten years a phone call. But as you know, it''s just not my style.)

Standing by;
Waternut.
Old 09-28-2002

thewaternut is on a distinguished road

A few quick observations, Mr. Boyle.
Be clear on this. I''m not the least bit unhappy about losing my "job".
I am unhappy about the way in which sailnet mishandled and misrepresented my job description. I could go on Mr. Boyle, but that would violate my personal code of ethics.
If any of the Message board respondents think that I have a vendetta against Sailnet, please respond for an immediate clarification.
I would like to continue to offer words of advice to the yachting community. Does any one have a problem with that?

Waternut/aka/John Wohlberg/Former Sailnet Xpert.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.