Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Pacific Northwest
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 10
What Mike says resonates with me.
This winter, as I enter my 2nd year of ownership, I’m tracing leaks. One of which was a chain plate.
I used the butyl caulk/tape (grey in 1/2” width is available at the local home depot) around the deck entrance. It worked!
Additional notes: One of the screws that holds the cover plate does not hold; so I used a larger/longer SS screw; when thing warm up I’ll address the rotted wood issue. (Oh, that to-do list grows longer over the winter instead of shorter because I’ve been supposed to have been doing something recently).
Charlie Lincoln • Cathlamet, WA • Islander 28 #108