SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Gear & Maintenance (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/gear-maintenance/)
-   -   Catalina Direct (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/gear-maintenance/50538-catalina-direct.html)

SpeedAgent 01-15-2009 06:30 PM

Catalina Direct

Anyone ever buy anything from this company? Good/Bad experience?

Thanks

ecsimonson 01-15-2009 06:34 PM

Great service every time I have used them.

btrayfors 01-15-2009 07:22 PM

Terrific company. Great service.

JohnRPollard 01-15-2009 07:26 PM

Ditto. When my sister and b-i-l had a C22, they ordered a lot of accessories/parts and always had a good experience.

rdstanley 01-15-2009 07:52 PM

I just ordered some stuff from them last month. I'd highly recommend them.

capttb 01-15-2009 08:15 PM

If you have any questions about a part the sales staff can't answer on the phone they'll connect you with the tech guy who will get one out and measure it for you, great service. They are actually a Catalina dealer in Sacramento, CA. called "The Foredeck" I believe, so shipping is real quick here.:)

SpeedAgent 01-15-2009 08:31 PM

This is all good to hear. I'll wait to hear back from them again on my issue.

Chris

cmbrossa 10-17-2011 12:09 AM

YES BUT.

I've had a zillion parts and kits shipped to me from Catalina Direct, and none of them came with any installation instructions.

KNOW what the brokerage fees are going to be if you're not in the USA. I have paid up to 1/3 of the cost of the order--like $150--just for "brokerage". Whatever THAT is.

Faster 10-17-2011 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmbrossa (Post 786925)
YES BUT.

I've had a zillion parts and kits shipped to me from Catalina Direct, and none of them came with any installation instructions.

KNOW what the brokerage fees are going to be if you're not in the USA. I have paid up to 1/3 of the cost of the order--like $150--just for "brokerage". Whatever THAT is.

FYI... next time if you're shipping UPS ask about 'expedited shipping'. It's faster, more expensive but the last time I checked if you use it customs brokerage fees are included in the shipping charge. So in the end you end up saving $10-20 AND you get it in a few days or less.

SloopJonB 10-17-2011 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faster (Post 786930)
FYI... next time if you're shipping UPS ask about 'expedited shipping'. It's faster, more expensive but the last time I checked if you use it customs brokerage fees are included in the shipping charge. So in the end you end up saving $10-20 AND you get it in a few days or less.

How about having it shipped to a P.O. box in a border town and bringing it across yourself? I've bought stuff at chandlerys across the border and it was no different than any other purchase coming back. I've never had to pay brokerage on any internet purchases either including $1K of tires when FedEx delivered them here.