SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Nexus wind instrument transponder

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  rikhall 
#1 ·
Hi all

The boat we purchased came with a Nexus wind instrument. It seems that the mast head unit has been "attacked" by some kind of bird " terrorist ". I emailed Nexus and the reply was that I needed a

Part # 20640020. Mast head unit twin fin with 25m. Cable & mast bracket

They also said that

The Nexus wind data system that you have seems to be very old. It used an older single fin wind transducer, which is no longer manufactured by Nexus. The new one is a double fin type & is fully compatible to the old system.

Is anyone aware of used or refurbished units around. (Yes, I looked on eBay). It seems that the cost of a new mast head unit alone is almost as much as the cost of a Raymarine ST60 Plus Instrument Package which would give me the full set.

I await your varied and very useful suggestions. (and no - I want more than just wetting my finger and sticking it up in the breeze)

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.